People Inc. provides a number of reports that enable users to show their organisation’s reporting structure, however, these are presented in a list-format rather than showing information using a chart. This new Organisation Chart plug-in (available from April 2017) enables users to create organisation charts quickly and easily based on the company structure as defined within the People Inc. system.
The plug-in is easily added to an existing instance of People Inc. (version 3.5 or above) and utilises the ‘reports to’ information to create a reporting structure in the form of an Organisation Chart.
The Organisation Chart plug-in is opened from an entry in the Wizards menu (within the system). Once open, the user can:
- Select a specific Company, Department, or Location (or combination) and generate an organisation chart.
- Choose from a range of background, cell and text colours.
- Rotate the chart from portrait to landscape mode and vice versa.
- Generate an image file containing the chart; this can be printed or used elsewhere (outside the People Inc. system).
A version of the new plug-in (based on the features detailed above) will be available to existing customers at no cost. We are also developing a full version that will includes a number of advanced features (there is likely to be a small cost for the advanced version). The features in the advanced version will include:
- Choice of box styles (rectangular, rounded corners).
- Choose font (standard font dialogue).
- Choice of box content (list of fields: job, phone, grade, FTE, ESS group, mobile number, e-mail, etc.).
- Show Employee Photos.
- Drill-down (click to show more details on an employee).
- Limit Number of levels (down from top).
- Drag/edit modelling (with option to save/load models).
- Write data back to ‘Reports to’ field within People Inc.
- Zoom (scaling).
- Link to ESS organisation-chart screen.
Both versions are scheduled for release at the end of April 2017.
Please call us on 0113 393 0900 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for further information or if you would like to be included for a future webinar.