Using the People Inc. Employee Self-Service module, It is possible to distribute payslips electronically. This is achieved by attaching copies of payslips to employee records within the People Inc. system. Using their own secure Employee Self-Service login Employees can then access their latest payslip together with payslips from previous months (or weeks).
The process of producing monthly (or weekly) batches of payslips for Employees to view is carried out by The People Inc. Attach Payslips plug-in.
The Payslips, usually in PDF format are imported into the People Inc. system. The plug-in does the work for you and automatically processes each payslip, attaching them to each employee record, as well as the year and period for which it is relevant.
Using their own secure Employee Self-Service login Employees can then access their latest payslip together with payslips from previous months (or weeks). The plug-in makes it quick and easy to process a monthly batch of payslips.
Benefits of Online Payslips
- Direct cost savings of using The Employee Self Service, especially when used in conjunction with this plug-in. Once payslips available via the ESS, there is no longer a need to print or post them each month. Typically, printed pay slips cost between £1.35 and £2.25 each. Providing paper-pay slips for an organisation with 200 employees, might therefore cost more than £5,000 each year.
- Using the ESS allows employees to submit changes of important information such as home address or bank account which means that Payroll information is always up to date. Further add-on tools are available for the People Inc. ESS to allow employees to file expense claims and submit timesheets.
- By providing pay slips online, as opposed to a physical copy, this ensures that payslips immediately become much more secure behind login credentials & removes the risk of the pay slip being handed to the wrong person, losing it or even being damaged or lost in the mail etc.
- These pay slips are in the People Inc. Database stored in a central location, attached to employee records, ensuring good practice so that HR always know where each pay slip is.
- Using the People Inc. Administration module can block access to the child screen on a user-by-user level. This keeps access secure and limited to only those who need it. ESS users are automatically filtered such that only their records attached document is shown.
How to start sending Payslips electronically.
Please contact us on 01977 734 074 and we can advise & assist in configuring the plugin to communicate with your payroll software.
For more information about how The Employee Self Service module can help your company see here or contact us.